We use the Weather Network as a reference when making our decision on bus cancellations. As per policy, when the temperature and/or wind chill is -40 or colder, buses are cancelled.
Depending on your location, the forecast including wind chill for tomorrow morning between 7 am and 9 am, is now ranging between -37 to -40 C. Temperatures will be monitored throughout the evening and a final decision on busing will be made as early as possible tomorrow morning. For those areas warmer than -40 C, drivers will be instructed to use their own discretion on whether to run or not. Unless you receive a phone call from your bus driver, you can expect that your bus will be running.
As mentioned above, we will be monitoring the weather throughout the evening and should the forecasted temperature drop significantly, a decision may be made earlier to cancel. If this is the case, bus drivers will contact you tonight and a message will be posted on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and the Division Website.
As always, parents/guardians have the final decision on whether or not to send their child on the bus. If your bus runs and you choose to send your child, please dress your child accordingly for the weather. Buses in the Town of St. Paul will run regardless, and schools will remain open tomorrow.