Talking to Children about Ukraine
The following resources may be helpful for guiding conversations with children regarding the events in Ukraine. Not only is this information relevant for current events, but also difficult subjects that may arise in the future.
- Talking About Ukraine with Our Children - Dr. Aliza Pressman
- How to Talk To Kids About Ukraine - NYTimes/Melinda Wenner Moyer
- How to Talk to Kids About Difficult Subjects - Common Sense Media
- How to Talk to Children about the Invasion of Ukraine, and Why Those Conversations are Important - The Conversation Canada article
- Helping Children with Tragic Events in the News - PBS Kids/Fred Rogers Production
- Talking to Children about War - The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Helping Kids Cope with Media Coverage of War and Traumatic Events - Media Smarts
Hope 4 Ukraine
A free text-based service that provides mental health resources & support in four languages.
Resilience&Hope4Ukraine is an Alberta-based, multi-lingual innovation. Following the success of Text4Hope, an evidence-based, field-tested and outcome-oriented program that helps people identify and adjust the negative thoughts, feelings, and behaviours they many be experiencing. Click here for more information.